Roofing Materials and Longevity
- Generally, the standard asphalt shingles have 20 years of longevity.
- If you decide to choose 30-year shingles, so they should last for 25 to 30 years, of course in the case of proper maintenance.
- Regarding the metal roof, they last for about 50 years with good care.
- Slate roofs could last for 100 years and more with routine maintenance.
What can cause your roof to need replacement sooner than expected?
- The main reason is weather patterns, like a thunderstorm, hailstorm, or wind storm, which can cause heavy damage to a roof.
- Walking on the roof can also bring sooner damage (like breaking tiles).
- Not cleaning the gutters, or allowing tree limbs to scrape against the roof, can lead to leaks and premature roof failure.
The Guarantees of Manufacturing Companies
Some roofing/shingle manufacturing companies in Los Angeles, CA offer a guarantee. Before accepting this attractive offer, it is important to understand the terms and conditions of the guarantee.
If the installers used the wrong fasteners, or fail to place the correct type of underlayment or sheathing before laying the roofing material, the manufacturer may not fulfill the warranty.
In most cases, the manufacturer’s guarantee covers only the materials and not the cost of labor.
Pay Attention to Your Roof
In conclusion, it is important to pay big attention to the condition of your roof. Find a time and only one day per month, stand outside and look at all sides of the roof. If a damaging storm passes through the area, contact your roofer in Los Angeles for a prompt inspection. This approach can prevent roof failure.
For expert roofing services in Los Angeles County, contact Roof Repair Specialist today!