We provide a variety of roof labor and material warranties. Please refer to our list below to see the available roof warranties we cover. There are a few different types of roof warranties: labor warranties, material warranties, and some warranties that include both. We want to give you the basic roof warranty information here so you can feel confident in the service you select!
Roof Labor Warranty
The roof labor warranty will cover the service charge and labor costs for any roof repairs during a certain number of years. These warranties are given by the contractor installing the roof and will vary from material to material and project type. Some companies overpromise labor warranties knowing they are not going to back them anyway. Consider these two things when evaluating a company’s labor warranty:
- How long has this company been in business? If they are providing a 10yr warranty and they have only been in business for 2 years do you believe they will be around in 10 yrs. Make sure that the company will be around if a labor warranty is needed!
- Is the warranty they are providing reasonable? Unless it is coupled with an annual maintenance plan, no roof should have a labor warranty for over 12 years. Make sure that the company can deliver on their warranty promises!
The length of roof labor warranties is essentially the length of time of the weakest point on the roof. For example, though a shingle roof may last for 25-30 years, the sealant around pipes will generally only last 10-15 years, that is why our labor warranty on these roofs is 12 years.
We use the best long-lasting roof materials, but your roof will still need to be maintained. The two most common maintenance items on any roof include cleaning leaves and debris and re-sealing around pipes and flashings.
Warranties can be voided if any alterations are made to the roof without the original contractor’s knowledge and consent. For example if solar panels or a rooftop AC unit is installed you should always consult with the roofer that has issued the warranty to ensure any work does not void the existing warranty.
General roof labor warranties we offer:
New Roof Warranties:
- Shingle Roofs: 12 years
- Flat Torch Down Roofs: 8 years
- Flat Single Ply Roofs: 10 years
- Tile Reset or New Roof: 8 years
Roof Repair Warranties
- Shingle Roof Repairs: up to 8 years
- Flat Torch Down Roof Repairs: 2 years
- Tile Repair: up to 8 years
Roof Repairs Warranties We Don’t Cover
- Wood Shake or Wood Shingle
- Cal Shake Roofs
- Gravel or Rock Roofs
- Spray Foam Roofs, Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF)
Material warranties are given by material manufacturers and generally have different tiers. Most materials have different levels of warranties depending on the installation method, additional components used, and certification of the installing party.
Remember that not all certifications are equal. For example Owens Corning has 2 levels of certified contractors, Preferred Contractors & Platinum, we are proud to say that we have been selected as a Owens Corning Platinum Contractor. This allows us to offer the best in class warranties due to the fact that Owens Corning inspects our work and has mandatory training that our team has conducted. We are certified and trained with the major manufacturers and are able to provide some of the best warranties in the industry. Check out our certifications here.
General material warranties we offer:
- Owens Corning Duration Shingles: 50 years
- As a platinum contractor we provide the “Owens Corning Platinum Warranty.” We are among the 1% of all roofing contractors in America who are qualified to offer this warranty.
- GAF 60 Mil TPO: 20 years
- As a GAF Master Roofing Contractor for Single Ply Roofing Systems we have a GAF Diamond Pledge NDL (No Dollar Limit) warranty.
- Torch GTA: 12 years
- APOC Cross Over CS-L Lifetime Manufacturer Limited Warranty
- Only the underlayment. Warranty does not include tiles.
Why Choose Us?
It’s important to choose a good repair specialist that offers you the right roof warranties, and it’s something we take seriously. Here are a few reasons why you should choose us for your roof warranty and repair needs:
We are experts!
- 10 years of experience and over 16,000 customers serviced
- Certified with Owens Corning, GAF, Polyglass, and BBB
We are transparent!
- We are always honest about what your roof labor or material warranty will cover
- We practice fairness in all interactions and we won’t try to oversell something that your roof doesn’t need
Customer service is our top priority!
- We always answer your emails and phone calls to keep you posted on the jobs progress
- We guarantee that you don’t have to pay for the job until you are 100% satisfied
- We offer transferable roof warranties so the warranty doesn’t end just because you sell your house