When discussing warranties, it’s important to be clear on what we are talking about exactly. There are a few different types of warranties: Labor warranties, Material warranties, and some warranties that are both labor and material. We want to give you the basic warranty information here, as discussing every detail of every type of warranty for every type of roof and product is just not feasible on one page.
The Labor Warranty will cover the service charge and labor costs for any repairs during a certain number of years. Labor Warranties are given by the contractor installing the roof and will vary from material to material and the type of project. Some companies overpromise Labor Warranties knowing they are not going to back them anyway, so they just say what they need to in order to get the job.
The length of Labor Warranties is essentially the length of time of the weakest point on the roof. For example, though a shingle roof may last for 25-30 years, the sealant around pipes probably won’t. Although we use the best and longest-lasting components on a roof, that does not mean your roof can go unmaintained.
Here are some general Labor Warranties we offer:
- Shingle Roofs: 12 years
- Flat Torch Down Roofs: 8 years
- Flat Single Ply Roofs: 10 years
- Tile Reset or New Roof: 8 years
- Shingle Roof Repairs: up to 8 years
- Flat Torch Down Roof Repairs: 2 years
- Tile Repair: up to 8 years
Repairs we do that we generally are unable to warranty
- Wood Shake or Wood Shingle
- Cal Shake Roofs
- Gravel or Rock Roofs
- Spray Foam Roofs, Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF)
Material Warranties are given by material manufacturers and generally have different tiers. Most materials have different levels of warranties depending on the installation method, additional components used, and certification of the installing party. We are proudly certified and trained with the major manufacturers and are able to provide some of the best warranties in the industry. Check out our certifications here.
Here are some general material warranties:
- Owens Corning Duration Shingles: 50 years
- As a Preferred contractor we are able to provide the “System Protection & Preferred Protection”
- GAF 60 Mil TPO: 20 years
- As a GAF Master Roofing Contractor for Single Ply Roofing Systems we are able to obtain a GAF Diamond Pledge NDL (No Dollar Limit) warranty
- Torch GTA: 12 years
- APOC Cross Over CS-L Lifetime Manufacturer Limited Warranty
- Tiles generally doesn’t have a warranty, the underlayment does