San Marino is known for the Huntington Library, as well as its picturesque homes and parks. However, roofing in San Marino is serious business.
The city has specific guidelines in place that every contractor must follow if they are going to install a new roof in San Marino. So if you need a new roof or repairs on your San Marino home, make sure you hire an experienced roofing contractor who knows all of the city’s guidelines and will adhere to them correctly.
If you need a new roof, call Roof Repair Specialist in San Marino, CA. We are licensed, bonded and insured. We also offer financing options if you are unable to pay for your project fully. We offer repairs, new roof services, maintenance, as well as gutter installation in San Marino. Contact us today and let’s help you with your roof!
Stop living with a damaged roof and contact us today!
Why Choose Roof Repair Specialist?
We are trusted by hundreds of homeowners to do roof repairs in San Marino, CA. The city has many guidelines that need to be followed, and our team is knowledgeable in how to go about the permitting process that’s specific to San Marino.
Here are some of the guidelines particular to San Marino that we adhere to:
- Branded vehicles are not allowed to park on San Marino streets, unless the driver acquires a permit. For this reason we ask customers to park in their driveway, since we cannot park our company trucks on the street.
- Yard signs are also not allowed, and homeowners can be fined for having a yard sign on their lawn, so we do not place yard signs in San Marino.
What Type of Roofing System is Allowed in San Marino?
The biggest question we get asked by homeowners is whether they can install asphalt shingles in San Marino. The short answer is: it depends.
- The first thing the city will look at is what type of roof your neighbors have. They’ll look at the 5 neighbors in front of you, two to the sides, then 5 in the back. If anyone in that vicinity has a shingle roof, the probability of the homeowner getting a shingle roof approved is a lot greater.
- The next step is to attend the DRC meeting, which takes place weekly via zoom or in person. We attend this meeting for our customers, for a fee. We gather signatures from the neighbors signing off that they’re OK with the neighbor getting a shingle roof. We present this at the DRC meeting, and wait for the committee to make their decision.
- If the committee approves shingle roofing, the only materials allowed are typically Certainteed’s Landmark TL or Presidential TL, or a higher grade premium shingle. The committee won’t approve basic architectural shingles.
- Besides shingles, tile roof repairs and replacements are allowed, and the process is simple when we’re installing the same tile that’s already on the roof.
- Wood shake and wood shingles are also permitted.
As you can see, there is a lot of detail and research involved for anyone doing roofing services in San Marino. That is why we are a preferred San Marino roofing company — we know the area, we understand the requirements of the city, and we will provide quality roofing solutions with exceptional customer service. Contact Roof Repair Specialist in San Marino today for any of your roofing needs!