Every year, millions of homeowners have their roofs replaced. Does your roof need a little TLC? It might be time to collect some pertinent roof replacement information.
What homeowners want to know:
- What kind of roof lasts through stormy weather?
- Are the materials used on my roof high-quality?
- At what age does a roof begin to lose its dependability?
- Have previous storms weakened my roof’s integrity?
- How do I know what a quality roof installation looks like?
- What can I do to ensure I hire the right installer for my needs?
Your roof needs to provide you and your possessions with quality protection. It acts as a shield against the outside elements. Here are five need to know roofing details to keep roof regret from setting in.
1. Having a Storm-Proof Roof
When a roof has been expertly installed, no matter the material, it can hold up to the damaging effects of a storm. Keeping up on regular maintenance helps to ensure your roof will keep you protected throughout its lifetime. Using a local technician who knows the area and what to expect from a storm makes all the difference in the life and durability of your roof.
2. Quality Roofing Materials
There are many different material types used to safeguard a home’s structure. Each one, when expertly installed, can protect your home for many years. Some popular types are:
- Torch Down Flat Roofs
- Single-Ply options (PVC and TPO)
- Concrete or Clay Tiles
If you don’t know what your roof is made of, a quality roof technician can inform you. They can also let you know how your roof type will fair during harsh conditions.
3. Most Roofs Don’t Get Better with Age
Roof material lifespans vary. A quality shingle roof can last up to 25 years when it has been properly installed and well taken care of. Over time all roofs suffer the effects of aging, even the strongest ones. Having regular maintenance done will help your roof last longer. Missing shingles, damaged tiles, or granules in your gutter are signs your roof is nearing the end.
4. Stormy Weather Side Effects
Inclement weather happens. Time, high temperatures, storms, and heavy feet (roof roamers) can wreak havoc. Weather elements like UV rays, humid climates, and strong winds can accelerate the deterioration of your roof. UV rays cause roof materials to crack. Shingles can become brittle and slide out of place. Most homeowners do not notice these signs of damage until leaks happen inside. Having a roof technician inspect your roof after a storm and make necessary repairs can strengthen your roof’s integrity.
5. Stellar Installation
You deserve the best roof technicians in the business. A quality installation can look different depending on the roofing technician you hire, but how you answer these questions will help you know your roof will have a long life.
- Did they help you make the right decision for your style and budget instead of trying to upsell you on something you didn’t need?
- Did you know what was happening through each step of the install?
- Were all of your questions answered in a way you could understand?
- Did they clean your yard and make sure they left behind no debris?
- Did your roof pass the final inspection?
6. Who To Trust On Your Roof
A roof can undergo many changes because of factors outside your control. Your roofing technician should be able to handle any repair your roof needs. Dependable roofing experts safeguard your roof so you don’t have to worry about it. If there is a weakness in your roof, they will find it.
Here are some ways to perform due diligence in selecting a trustworthy technician:
- They answer your questions. When you call they answer the phone. They are professional and give you the best service whether over the phone or in person.
- They are honest. Your roof is completed within the promised timeframe. If they say they’ll do something for you, it is done.
- They are insured and licensed. This helps prove they know what they’re doing and gives you peace of mind. If anything bad should happen, their insurance will cover the damage.
- They employ the crew working on your roof. The technician you hire should be well trained and adhere to all safety precautions as mandated by OSHA. You hold your home to a higher standard, so should those who work on it.
Keeping it Real with Roof Repair Specialist
When you don’t feel your home is secure, you worry. If you feel like the state of your roof is going over your head it’s time to get an expert opinion to help out. At Roof Repair Specialist, we offer customizable roofing solutions. Your peace of mind matters to us. Contact us today and you’ll soon discover how we ensure your roof reaches long-lasting potential.